- We used to watch "Hee Haw" in the late 1970's and early 1980's together around super time (Leo, Erika, Eric, Rickie, Lee and pets).
- We used to watch a lot of Gallagher the comedian on HBO.
- We had a Polish joke book, most often read by Eric.
- Leo and Erika used to fool their friends they invited often over for poker by using teamwork: Leo would turn his head from some cards and ask someone to touch a card. Leo would play a game of touching each card and playing out drama "this one feels warm, it's this one". Leo knew simply by looking at Erika when he touches each card as Erika would blink at him for the correct one.
Leo was the king of comedy in the family. One most hilarious incident he repeated was answering the phone with a TV remote control. Here are some of his most often funny quotes:
- "Every time I go fishing the wind blows" (often mocked by friend Jodi Raphaelli)
- "God Damn Referees" and "Go!, go!, go!, go!, go!.... Alright" (while watching football)
- Do you know how to speak Polish? No? How does it feel to be dumber than a Pollock, hee hee hee
- "Howe's come?" (replaces "How come?"
- "It cost a dollar two ninety eight ($1 2.98)
- "How old were you when you were born?"
- "Me stupid? You should see my grandfather, he stooped way over like this (bends over)"
- "Pull my finger" (then farts)
Erika Erler - Talaska
Eric used to constantly grin (not to the extreme in funny pics here) which annoyed many unhappy or bad people.
Lee building a "buoyancy transducer" perpetual motion machine
(useless large wood water step wheel), around 1990
Bhāskara's wheel was invented in 1150 by Bhāskara II